Monday, 16 May, 2016 at 8:00 AM – Wednesday, 18 May, 2016 at 5:00 PM (WAT)
Wellness Coordinator is a certified training course that will raise the bar on Workplace Wellness program coordination. This three day training blends international best practices into an African based environment. Key skills that Health & Wellness Coordinators will obtain include: conducting wellness culture audits, obtaining & maintaining leadership support and accountability, establishing a cohesive wellness team, developing a 5-year systematic culture change plan, art and science of behaviour change, integration of services and programs, monitoring and celebrating success.
|REGISTRATION TYPE||SALES END||PRICE Excl VAT
|Single Booking||November 8, 2017||R3 300 per person
|Group Booking less than 5 people||November 8, 2017||R3 100 per person
|Group Booking 5 or more people||November 8, 2017||R2 640 per person
After completion of this course, candidates should be able to:
- Explain the benefits of a worksite wellness program
- Understand the role of a worksite wellness coordinator
- Conduct a wellness survey
- Build a business case for wellness
- Obtain & maintain leader support and accountability
- Establish a cohesive wellness team
- Formulate the wellness program operational plan
- Engage in active recruitment of participants
- Conducting regular personal wellness assessments
- Utilize the best practices to facilitate Behavior change
- Build a supportive cultural environment
- Integrate wellness related services & programs
- Monitor & manage wellness data
- Establish a Reward & Recognition System
|Who should enrol?||Supervisors, peer educators and employee champions who are willing to play an active role in establishing an Employee Wellness Culture in the Workplace.
|Admissions requirements||Prospective delegates should at least be willing to assist peers in their wellness lifestyle goals.
|Course structure||The format will predominantly consist of lectures with regular workshop opportunities, personal assignments and group discussions. The course will be presented in English.
|Accreditation||This programme and certification is provided by Wellness Africa (Pty)Ltd. Skills Development levy paid, is claimable at the relevant SETA. Unit standard development in progress with Services SETA.